Marketing & Social Media Intern
ABO is seeking an enthusiastic intern with a passion for the arts and arts marketing. Duties will include:
• Assisting the Artistic and Administrative Directors in ensemble marketing, including but not limited to writing and editing engaging, dynamic copy for distribution to local and regional media outlets (mainly concert listings and press releases).
• Taking ownership of the management of the ensemble’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud) and be proactive by proposing to ensemble leadership various ways to improve current and future social media presence, posts, etc.
• Spearheading ABO’s campaign to attract a more diverse audience, including people of color and the 18-35 demographic. Assisting leadership in carrying out plans for accomplishing this goal.
• Assisting the ticket table staff on concert days, including greeting concertgoers and encouraging audience members to fill out demographic surveys. Mingling with audience members during intermission and before/after concerts with the goal of gleaning information about audience engagement and satisfaction with the program.
• Assisting in the set-up and tear-down of the ticketing area.
Successful applicants will be have interest in and experience with managing and growing social media. They should be upbeat self-starters who are highly organized and enthusiastic about the arts (specifically classical music) and the administration of performing arts organizations. Those with a background in or interest in arts administration and/or non-profit fundraising are particularly desired.
ABO is seeking an enthusiastic student or non-student intern with a passion for the arts and arts administration. Intern duties will include:
• Assist the Artistic and Administrative Directors in the behind-the-scenes duties required to support a 35+ member orchestra and choir. This includes help with preparation and production of concert programs, communication with current and prospective donors, and interface the City of Austin. Assist in the establishment of an in-house system for processing tax-deductible contributions.
• Assist the Administrative Director in logistics for ensemble travel for out-of-town concerts, generally within Central Texas (San Antonio, Fredericksburg, College Station).
• Assist the ticket table staff on concert day, including greeting concertgoers and processing admission fees.
• Assist in the set-up and tear-down of the concert venue, as well as occasional light stage management.