Our board members are some of our more vocal and active supporters! You’ve probably met them at our performances, where they’re often found working at the ticket table. We’re always looking for interested prospective board members, so email us if you have an interest. The board meets approximately once every two months, and their primary purpose is to support ABO, help us to grow, and help us to identify and maintain funding.
• A passion for the music we play,
• A love for earlier repertoire and the use of period instruments, and
• A desire to share this love and enthusiasm with our neighbors in Central Texas.
• An understanding that we can only grow in quality and scope with adequate development and financial support,
• A belief in supporting ABO in all ways possible, including but not limited to or exclusively financially, and
• A willingness to help identify and attract new donors and season subscribers.
• A desire to help grow our audience, both in size and diversity,
• A commitment to helping ABO grow intelligently and within its means, and
• An awareness of our increasing regional role (primarily in San Antonio) even as we solidify our presence in Austin, along with our rising national prominence as performers of early Latin American repertoire as demonstrated primarily through performances at major academic conferences.
• A willingness to greet audience members and help in other ways at one or two concerts each season,
• Consistent attendance at regularly-scheduled board meetings, usually held four to five times annually, and
• An ability to assist in the budgeting process and in the preparation of grant applications, including our annual City of Austin Cultural Arts funding application.